Legislative Update and IRBs Seminar
This seminar is usually presented after new legislation is introduced or enacted. This seminar ranges from 1/2 to 1 hour, depending on the questions asked during the session. Presentation and discussion of the following issues:
- How recent legislative changes affect Income Replacement Benefits
- Review of any legislative amendments to Insurance Act
- Employed vs. Self-employed determinations
- How the legislation is being deployed in practice and other accounting determinations
- Overview of any upcoming changes to the SABS
Questions are encouraged throughout the presentation. All slides will be part of a handout, as well as additional handouts that serve as examples during the seminar.
We ask that any questions people may have prior to the seminar, be emailed to our office so that we may prepare a handout for all attendees. Additional topics can be added upon request.